Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shipping a package

I am trying to send a package to the United States which will hopefully arrive before Christmas.

Step 1 in sending the package is finding the darn location. I wandered around for quite some time looking for this little hole in the wall. It doesn't help that the directions and locations posted online were all wrong.

The courier office is TINY! I've seen larger closets.

Step 2 is filling out several forms detailing the package contents, complete with the name of each item and its rupee value. 

I made the mistake of trying to send edible items - pre-packaged snacks and crunchies. The kid at the courier 'office' had me talk to his boss on the phone to try and describe the contents.

Step 3 consists of completing the address on three different forms. I was sure to write very clearly, so that the parcel stands the best chance of making it to its destination in the states. Despite all of my skillful penmanship, the kid working at the office filled out the final label leaving it barely legible.

Step 4 is paying. 408 rupees ($8.16) of gifts cost 3090 rupees ($61.80) to ship.

I am skeptical they will even make it.

Step 5 is praying.

-- Sent from webOS


No comments:

Post a Comment