Monday, December 26, 2011

Package: Received!

Well this was a nice way to start a Monday morning!

When I got to work, there was a parcel waiting for me on my desk. Inside was a wonderful card, chocolates, pistachios, and a tiny Christmas tree!



The chocolates will go quickly. A giant pack of peanut M&Ms. I hadn't realized how much I miss American sweets until today. The crunchy shell and rich chocolate followed by the pop of a peanut is wonderful. Rather than making myself sick by eating the whole bag, I'm sharing the goodies with the office.

Now, sharing the chocolate-covered cherries may be more difficult. ;-)

The best part of the present is the stack of photos. Family faces, shots of the farm, smiling nieces and nephews, perfect to add to my wall at home. These are the things that keep me going in a strange place.

I'm here for a good number of reasons, but most of all to become a better person. Being apart is hard, but good for me. I'm learning to deal with life in all kinds of unexpected ways, and it is making me stronger to deal with everything. I'm doing it for me, but I'm also doing it for those around me. All those family members and friends with whom I've ever argued or shared a bad day with will hopefully be the ones who receive the new me. Being a better person does not mean much unless you have someone around with whom you can share it.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment