Sunday, November 27, 2011

Between Boxes

I've come to India looking for some kind of change, to grab life by the horns and wrestle it to the ground under my own terms. Things are much better than expected.

In the 10 days or so since I've been here, I've been so pleasantly busy. I've gotten an apartment and met with some amazing people. I've reconnected with friends and coworkers and even have fulfilling work to do. I've eaten wonderful food at every turn, and been treated with the best level of hospitality one could hope for. My prospects look good for finding permanent employment here doing something different and exciting. It feels as if India is ripe with opportunity.

The greatest part of my trip has to be the conversations. I'm finding such stimulating ideas, challenging concepts and world-shaking revelations that it is difficult to express. So many of the restrictions we have around us are merely nothing more than constructs in the mind. Freeing oneself from these walls, from the little illusionary confines of 'security' and 'safety' is uncomfortable and liberating.

You should come and visit me. I'd love to discuss all this and more with you over a hot cup of chai.

No comments:

Post a Comment